The “18 Year Old” is Boo.

Anthony Marroquin, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 3:10 p.m. MT June 24, 2015

635707632627516306-T189403-030000

(Photo: Maricopa County Sheriff’s office)

Story Highlights

• Victim told police she was beaten with hammers, had bleach poured on skin
  • Neighbors heard victim’s screams and called police
  • Suspect said someone else abused the woman

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Phoenix police said officers arrested one of the men who was involved in the kidnapping, torture and sexual assault of an 18-year-old Phoenix woman on Tuesday.

Police said the woman was brought to 25-year-old Johnnel Henry Thomas’ apartment near 27th and Northern avenues by another woman. The victim told investigators that Thomas and the other woman beat her with hammers, pressed hot knives/swords against her skin, poured bleach on her skin, and made her drink bleach, according to court records.

The woman told investigators Thomas sexually assaulted her. Police said the woman believed Thomas wanted her to sell drugs for him, according to a police report.

Neighbors heard the victim’s screams for help and called the police, according to officials.

Police say neighbors saw Thomas walk out of his front door naked and that he was still naked when he ran out the back door after police arrived, according to court records.

Officers said the 18-year-old woman had a belt around her neck when police arrived. She also had a broken arm, smashed hand, burns from bleach, bruises all over her body from hammer blows, and multiple burns from having a hot knife/sword pressed against her.

The woman was hospitalized and received treatment for her broken arm and other injuries, police said.

Investigators found two hammers, an empty bleach bottle, multiple knives and a sword during an initial search of the apartment, according to court records.

By Clairol Nice ‘n Easy

Unlock Your True Blonde

See more →

Boo’s Attacker

Police said Thomas was located at 2:40 a.m. Tuesday in a stolen car near Northern Avenue and Interstate 17. Thomas told police after his arrest that he had sex with the 18-year-old woman. He told officers that another person abused the woman.

Thomas was arrested on suspicion of a series of felonies, including sexual assault, aggravated assault and kidnapping. He was being held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court on June 30, according to court records.

29 thoughts on “The “18 Year Old” is Boo.

1. Miggie says:

That’s some bullshit. I’m sorry you guys are going through this….sending positive vibes.

2. neighsayer says:

Oh, Jesus, AI, i”m so sorry.

3. JunkChuck says:

Jesus fucking christ. The question, inevitably, is who are these monsters and where do they come from?–but I’m not sure I want to know. This–even without the personal connection (and it is personal now, for all of us who think of you as a friend is some strange electronic ethereal way)–fills me less with sadness than it does thoughts of violence. How small and selfish of me. to think of easing the weight of disgusted despair? And worse now, to waste this space by confessing. Be strong. Make sure she knows you love her even if she thinks it doesn’t matter (because knowing it matters, despite how long it takes to sink in, just hearing it matters), Make sure you know that we love you, too, in our own weird world of pseudonyms and charged particles ricocheting around the world.

4. mandy says:

My god A. I’m so sorry. No words can convey just how much. Love you, A. Hugs ❤️

5. I am deeply sorry for her and for you.

6. acquiescent72 says:

“I’m sorry” can’t be close to the support I wish I could offer…

7. mickey2travel says:

May he NEVER see the light of day, and may he rot in jail for many many years! NO woman should EVER be treated like that!

8. […] My daughter has been hospitalized in Arizona; with injuries and occurrences that proved newsworthy (see previously posted article here). She had surgery this morning on her arm (broken in two places) and remains in the ICU at the […]

9. georgeforfun says:

I’m so sorry to hear that. My heart hurts for you and her. I pray she recovers and the subhuman that hurt her receives exactly the justice he deserves sooner rather than later. I cannot imagine going through this after everything you have endured and survived so far. I wish you strength to do what you need to for you and your Daughter. When something like this happens, it reminds me of the Evil that roams this planet and what my Grands future world will be? Praying this subhuman meets its end before it hurts anyone else. Bless you, my dear Friend. You don’t deserve this heartache.
    george

10. Good Lord, please say it isn’t so. Are you sure? Poor girl. I’m so sorry.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )